Hiring international employees is a natural choice for most businesses today, from start-ups to global companies.
For the last few years, Ukraine has become an IT hub for international companies. It is not a secret that hiring skilled software developers in the US and EU is pretty expensive. This has led to the emergence of such IT centers around the world, with Ukraine as one of the most popular.
Why is Ukraine good for hiring IT developers?
- Strong tech skills and good education. Universities and educational centers in Ukraine produce more than 36,000 students who graduate with degrees in IT-related fields.
- Good command of English. Due to the educational system, Ukrainian developers have a good knowledge of the. English language and there are a lot of opportunities to master foreign languages.
- Cultural compatibility. Good cultural compatibility with the US and EU customers. Ukrainians share the same values and business standards and are keen on the quality of the services, integrity, and transparency.
- Competitive rates. Being such a fruitful soil for tech initiatives, Ukraine offers a well-balanced quality/value ratio that attracts the world’s tech giants. Compared to Poland, Belarus, and the Czech Republic, Ukraine offers more competitive rates for programmers and a much larger tech talent pool.
Are Ukrainian developers good?
- In Ukraine, the software outsourcing industry claims the 3rd spot for the number of Node.js, Python, ASP.NET, Ruby, Symfony, and PHP developers.
- High-class technical education is one of the reasons why it’s relatively easy to hire back-end programmers with enough skills to build high-load systems with complex logic.
How many programmers are in Ukraine?
With a high demand for IT developers, the unemployment rate in Ukraine is shrinking.
According to Stack Overflow, there are over 166,000 developers in Ukraine, which is the second largest number after Poland. This number increases rapidly each year by 30,000 developers.
Ukrainian software developers have delivered software projects for different companies worldwide. Thus they have won the reputation of highly skilled professionals around the world
What is the cost of hiring developers in Ukraine?
- Rate of a junior developer in Ukraine – $ 19-25 per hour.
- Rate of a middle developer in Ukraine – $ 26-38 per hour.
- Rate of a senior developer in Ukraine – $ 39-60 per hour.
How to hire a developer from Ukraine?
EOR in Ukraine is the fastest way to hire developers.
Acvian Global HR and Employment solution allows hiring and onboarding employees in Ukraine directly on our entity. Our company will serve as an official employer for legal and tax purposes while employees perform work for you. Acvian will provide payroll services in Ukraine and will offer benefit packages like private health insurance, gym allowance, car, or office rent.
Payroll taxes in Ukraine
The taxation system in Ukraine is quite simple compared to the western countries.
Employee taxes in Ukraine are represented by two levels. Personal Income Tax equals 18% and the military levy is 1.5% from the gross income.
Employer Taxes in Ukraine are represented by a single social security contribution at the rate of 22% of the gross salary and capped by 15 minimum wages (currently 97,500 UAH)
It means that employer contribution will not exceed 21,450 UAH (approximately 800 USD) regardless of the gross salary.